Wire EDM Programmer/Operator is responsible for performing G-Code programming to set up, operate and run wire EDM machines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), technical degree or certificate in a related field is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience programming & operating Mitsubishi Wire EDM machines
- Tooling experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to set up, program and run EDM machines and inspect parts to produce parts from prints working with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with Esprit software
- Ability to utilize SolidWorks to create and update models and prints is a benefit
- Ability to manage 2 wire machines, process work to meet delivery dates, maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; self-motivated, organized and detail oriented
- Excellent problem-solving and math skills
- Strong attendance record and enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task while working under tight deadlines with the ability to quickly modify work tasks based on changing schedules and needs